Listen..

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

some stuff i almost lost!!!zomg. 1

a glimpse of understanding, a dream for men.
Current mood: calm

I had a dream last night that I had a girlfriend. I'm not sure what sex I was, but I believe I was a man because, how can I say, I didn't have the emotional paranoia and extreme moodiness of a girl. I was relaxed. My dream took place in a comfortable bar like setting. My girlfriend was sitting in a booth next to me and I was very content and relaxed with just feeling the love and affection she gave me. Then she got up to use the restroom, and while she was there I got up and went somewhere for a half and hour..I don't really remember where but it was something like to take a shower or something else routine and normal. When I came back to the booth she was gone and I realized that she had gotten upset waiting for me and had thought I had left her so she left. In my head it was a gentle understanding that she would overreact about it and that was it, it passed.

The scene switched to the street..I had done a few things that night and I was walking down the street with my friends. Again, I was extremely relaxed and not anxious about anything. I saw my girlfriend heading toward me and she didn't see me. I playingly touched her elbow to get her attention. She turned around and when she recognized that it was me she freaked out, and started screaming about the situation in the booth. She was being loud and causing a scene and I couldn't explain to her that it was a misunderstanding..actually I didn't want to at the moment because I could see the discomfort it was causing my guy friends, and she was hysterical and completely at a loss of control. I felt a little cold anger and disgust at her behavior and I told her we would talk about it later and I started to walk in the opposite direction with my friends. She screamed fine and then almost as an afterthought told me she threw away her phone so I couldnt call her. Another twinge of anger at how irrational she was, and a realization that I didn't want to be with someone like that.

I honestly don't know how men feel inside, emotionally, but I recognized the girl's behavior of course. It was wonderful to be a man in this dream, and feel so relaxed and just that cold rationality instead of the normal flow of anxiety, paranoia and overload of emotions that run through me on a day to day basis. I've asked my husband how he feels inside like on a normal day and he told me basically relaxed; I imagine it must feel something like I felt in this dream.

I also realized how crazy a woman can seem to a man. So ladies, take it easy on your men, I really don't think they feel the same things we do, it can be hard to understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment