Listen..

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Lines I love from Jesus' Son

"Where are my women now, with their sweet wet words and ways, and the miraculous balls of hail popping in a green translucence in the yards?" "We put on our clothes, she and I, and walked out into a town flooded ankle-deep with white, buoyant stones. Birth should have been like that."
(Work)

"Sometimes what I wouldn't give to have us sitting in a bar again at 9:00 a.m. telling lies to one another, far from God."

"The virginal sadness wasn't all fake. There was a part of her she hadn't yet allowed to be born because it was too beautiful for this place, that was true."

"In the darkness under the universe it didn't matter that the driver was a blind man. He felt the future with his face."

"It wasn't my life she was after. It was more. She wanted to eat my heart and be lost in the desert with what she'd done, she wanted to fall on her knees and give birth from it, she wanted to hurt me as only a child can be hurt by its mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment