Listen..

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Handwritten

Handwritten
I'm not that girl anymore
The one who trusts unconditionally,
who loves unrealistically
who believes in magic.

The beauty of handwritten letters
is not lost on me.
You even chose pencil
pen would be too harsh
pen would damage the paper
bleed onto your words
and you know that I'd notice.

I'm old now though
I'm old.
I'm ancient.
I'm filled with neither regret nor remorse
but something else
something smoother
medium weight and still
something made of old bones
that doesn't support wishes.

I wish I was that girl
so I could believe in you
So I could turn my face
when they look my way
and say, "that's not your life"
"that's not the life you want."
and I'd put my hands on my ears
and run away, to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment