Listen..

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Monday, August 10, 2009

so.

Now, I have a new boyfriend. And I like him a lot. He's really quite amazing.

He does have this thing about human touch. As in he doesn't like it so much..it activates his fight or flight senses in his brain. I did some research, it's called SPD..or Sensory Perception Disorder..meaning that sometimes certain senses, for him, touch, don't completely cycle through the correct response in the brain to get to a non threatening and pleasurable input state. They get train-wrecked at fight or flight.

I find this totally interesting..and I'm very ok with it..mostly because I don't want to move very fast anyway and my attraction to him, while physical (he's very attractive) is mostly intellectual and emotional. We've known each other a long time....no need to play games or hide anything...we are pretty direct with each other. It's really nice when you reconnect with old friends; things are truly different in comparison to the effort you show and the masks you put on and the sensing and judging you have to do when you are with someone you've just met.

So the initial "I like you, Matt" thing was funny...we were sitting by the river and his body language was toward me..he even had his arm across the back of my bench, but he like never made a move lol.(Because of the touch thing I'm guessing). We started holding hands somehow..I think I grabbed his hand ...actually...I don't want to share this. It's too precious. I think I'll keep it for myself and him.

August 8th 2009. I have a feeling this is something special.

IN other news..Roller Derby..I tried out..I was like a fish out of water though on those skates..it's been 10 years..but Swerve assures me that all the girls are like that when they first start. I watched a fake bout...zomg so fun..and they look so great...lots of falling though lol but also lots of gear to protect you so I imagine falling isn't so scary with all that on.

I'm going to try to join them.
Swerve says I'm in if I want in.

I have a million things to do today..I should get on it.

2 comments:

  1. this s a wonderful post. i m so glad for u. plus i got a room in stockholm waiting for u to visit sometime n also maybe i ll give u a new adr for that letter.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please PLease do!! I have to send 3 letters. I'm so bad about remembering.

    ReplyDelete