Listen..

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My real name.

I was playing around with my name, Jennifer, and I came across this just by reversing some of it.

"Refine jen"

 First of all, I consider myself to be jen. I once told a friend of mine that when someone calls me jen, or jenjen, my heart responds. So the fact that these three letters can stand alone..j..e...n...is no surprise to me. It's my true name, Jennifer never fit. It makes me uncomfortable and now I know why..its not mine.

Refine. From the etymology dictionary, the word refine was first used in metals. Earth. Simplistic material, natural, pure. To refine something means to free it. To refine something means to free it. Refine Jen. Free Jen.

My natural name means literally Free Jen. Hello?? Do you hear this? In extended meaning, to free from unwanted impurities. To rid myself of things I don't need, don't want, and don't ring true to myself. To free myself from the crap that tries to suffocate me each day.

My name is Refine Jen. Free Jen. Jen. Free from impurities. Jen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on my last name now, but its French, so I'm enlisting the help of a French speaking friend to help me come up with words.

    ReplyDelete