Listen..

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm listening to a very incredible person play guitar and sing some originals.
We had a conversation that struck me.

It's about love, it's always about love.

We do everything we can to find love, just to taste it, even if for a moment, we'd traverse the earth. I have, in fact.

But just as we learn to open our hearts and offer someone our vulnerability, it's around that time that we seem to have to learn to close them off again.

What's the purpose? Is there a purpose? In this case one of the results will be music. original sweet music. That's what he asked the universe for, among other things, and it gave him the opportunity, the pain to write.

The universe definitely doesn't work exactly like we would like it to :)

I, for one, am scared to open my heart. I don't know about you guys, but I have a 100 percent failure rate by some standards lol. Those are pretty bad odds.

But I will. He will. We all will. Why? What's the purpose? Well maybe we can't see the rainbow for all the rain. But I'd like to think it's there, even if the storms are harder than we wished for. Maybe we aren't meant to see it; after all, magic has to remain mysterious :)

I think TS Elliot said it best: "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

And that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment